PDF presets can be created in Adobe InDesign and added to CtrlPrint to create PDFs with your own defined presets for a project.
You can download .joboptions files for the most commonly used PDF presets from the table below. Please note that these profiles do not have TrackChanges unless you choose this feature after uploading them to CtrlPrint.
|Standard PDF-profile used with CtrlPrint (72 dpi)||Download|
|High resolution PDFs (300 dpi)||Download|
|Standard resolution spreads (72 dpi)||Download|
|High resolution spreads (300 dpi)||Download|
|Medium resolution PDFs (150 dpi)||Download|
|Medium resolution spreads (150 dpi)||Download|
|Standard resolution with page info and time stamp (72 dpi)||Download|
|Standard resolution with hyperlinks (72 dpi)||Download|
See Adobe's guide for different PDF settings available here if you need more information.
Step 1. Create a custom PDF preset
1. Open Adobe InDesign and choose the option "Define" under the "File menu" via "Adobe PDF Presets".
2. Click "New…"
3. Name your new profile and define the settings that you want. (If you would like to include a timestamp this setting is called "Page Information" and is found among the "Marks and Bleeds" options.) Note that you will need to tick the option "Hyperlinks" in the "Include" section to include links in your PDFs.
4. Click "OK" and in the dialog box select the preset that you have created from the list. Then click "Save as".
5. Name your .joboptions file and choose a location to save it.
Step 2: Add .joboptions file to CtrlPrint
1. Login to CtrlPrint as an administrator. If you are not an administrator, please contact your project manager or agency contact.
2. Select the project.
3. Drag and drop the file into the window. (Or scroll down below the chapter list and use the upload option.)
4. Make sure to choose whether you would like TrackChanges included or not.
5. Download your chapter for editing and then immediately save it back to the server.
6. Your PDF preset will now be available in CtrlPrint.