Please note that this error is usually due to your local security settings, firewall, proxy etc. You will probably need the assistance of your IT department to resolve this.
Below is some useful information as to how the Transfer Manager deals with proxies:
- Proxy settings must be defined at the Operating System level (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings -> Proxy Server). CtrlPrint does not currently support automatic configuration via PAC or WPAD.
- CtrlPrint supports HTTP, SOCKS4 and SOCKS5 proxy.
- CtrlPrint supports Anonymous, Basic, Digest and NTLM authentication.
- If possible, bypass communication to *.ctrlprint.net.
- TransferManager.exe and InDesign.exe or InCopy.exe must be allowed access to *.ctrlprint.net. All communication is done using HTTP GET and POST via HTTPS (port 443).
In some cases you can resolve this issue by changing your LAN settings as seen below. These can be found via "Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings". You can uncheck the box shown in the image below if it is checked, then restart your web browser and Transfer Manager. In some cases you may need to also check the option titled "Automatically detect settings" if the above does not work. If you are unable to resolve the issue by doing this you should contact your IT department for assistance.