Users will be guided through the setup process the first time they log in after two-step verification has been activated for their company.
Two-step verification is an extra security feature that can be activated at the company level in CtrlPrint. (It is not activated for individual users.) Please contact our sales team if you would like to know more about this feature, its benefits and the cost.
With two-step verification, an extra layer of security is added to a user's CtrlPrint account by requiring access to their phone when logging in. (This process is similar to the log in process used by many banks and other services.)
- Two-step verification is activated for a company by CtrlPrint.
- Whenever a user signs in to CtrlPrint, they'll be asked to enter a verification code, along with their normal username and password.
- The verification code is automatically generated by a user's phone, using an authentication application.
- After entering the code users will be logged in to CtrlPrint as normal.
What users will need to do:
Step 1: Download and install an authentication app
Before they can configure two-step verification, users will first need to download and install an authentication app on their phone or tablet.
CtrlPrint can be used with most Time-Based, One-Time Password (TOTP) applications. We recommend (and have tested) the following free apps:
- Android — Google Authenticator
- iPhone — Google Authenticator
- Windows Phone — Microsoft Authenticator
Once a user has installed an authentication app on their phone or tablet, they're ready for step 2.
Step 2: Synchronize the authentication app with an account.
- Launch the authentication app.
- Choose to add a new account - in most apps, this is done by tapping a + or … icon.
- Scan a QR code (this is shown when a user first logs in after two-factor authentication has been activated) using their phone's camera.
- A six digit verification code will be generated and displayed in the app:
Step 3: Done!
Users can then simply enter the verification code generated and shown in the app each time they need to access CtrlPrint. This number is automatically updated and users will only scan the QR code once. Subsequent logins will appear as below.