You must use one of the operating systems below to successfully install CtrlPrint Transfer Manager and Adobe InCopy/InDesign.
Windows 10 and 11 are the only supported versions of Windows.
Please be aware that Adobe does not support Windows 10 versions 1507, 1511, 1703, and 1709. InCopy and InDesign 2021 are not supported on 1803. Please click here for Adobe's most recent system requirements for InCopy and InDesign.
Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and XP are not supported. Microsoft's support for Windows 7 ended in January 2020.
macOS 10.15 (Catalina) and higher. Please be aware that:
- New Macs using the M1 processors can only install 2021 via the Creative Cloud desktop application, older versions are not supported by Adobe or CtrlPrint.
- InDesign/InCopy CC2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 can be run using 10.15 (Catalina) or above.
Please check Adobe's documentation for more specifics regarding macOS compatibility and different versions of their applications.
You must use one of the web browsers below to successfully download a chapter for editing.
We currently support Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Safari.
Because web browsers are frequently updated by their developers, you will need to ensure that your browser is up-to-date. This usually happens automatically but you can manually update your web browser by using the following instructions:
Internet and Bandwidth
We recommend you have a stable internet connection with an absolute minimum of 10 Mbps upload and download. Slow or unreliable connections may cause the downloading or uploading of chapters to fail.
Firewall (e.g. ZScaler)
*.ctrlprint.net must be whitelisted in any security software.
TransferManager.exe and InDesign.exe or InCopy.exe must be allowed access to *.ctrlprint.net otherwise users will not be able to save their work back to the server.
Please ensure any security software (e.g. AppLocker) has whitelisted %appdata%\Ctrl and %temp%\Ctrl.
The TLS 1.1 protocol will be disabled from April 29th 2020 as it is deprecated by National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Please use TLS 1.2 or higher.
CtrlPrint Transfer Manager
You must install the Transfer Manager before you can download a chapter for editing.
This application manages the downloads and uploads of your chapters and automatically installs the correct plugins for InCopy/InDesign. It is almost always advisable to install or update to the newest version of Transfer Manager.
If you do not have Transfer Manager installed you will see an error message about no apps are installed to open this type of link (ctrl) when you try to download a document for editing.
Transfer Manager versions older than 1.3 are no longer compatible with CtrlPrint. Older versions of Transfer Manager will not be able to correctly open documents and you will see an error message about missing plugins in the Transfer Manager window.
Please be aware that:
- Version 1.6 (or later) is required for using InCopy/InDesign 2022.
- Version 1.5.2 (or later) is required for using InCopy/InDesign 2021.
- Version 1.5 (or later) is required for using the CtrlPrint XBRL Tagger.
- Version 1.4 (or later) is required for using InCopy/InDesign 2020.
Local machine requirements
To successfully download and use the Tagger your computer will need the following:
- Windows 10 - please be aware the tagger does not work on MacOS
- An Internet connection with 10 Mbit bandwidth or higher
- Permission from your IT administrator to run .exe from %temp%/Ctrl/Tagger/
- Permission from your IT administrator to run: Appdata/Roaming/AMANAConsulting/pdfToHTMLEx/0.14.7-win/pdf2htmlEX.exe
- The most recent version of CtrlPrint Transfer Manager
- If you are using AppLocker, you may need to create exceptions for the Tagger to work.
CtrlPrint account requirements
Before you can download a document for tagging, your project administrator will need to:
- Create your user account and send you an invitation (see page 10 in the admin guide)
- Activate ESEF Reporting for the project (see page 5 in the Tagger guide)
- Use InCopy/InDesign to create the ESEF Report template (see page 6 in the Tagger Guide)
- Give you Read & Comment, Edit Text or Edit Layout permissions for the tagging chapter(s)
(see pages 17–18 – admin guide)
Please be aware that, currently, only a user with System Admin permissions can edit these settings edit the default settings for your ESEF project. Please see page 21 of the admin guide for instructions on changing a user's role to System Admin.
All users working on the same project must install the correct version of InCopy/InDesign to successfully download a chapter for editing.
If an incorrect version is installed a user will not be able to open documents and will see an error message about missing applications in the Transfer Manager window.
Your project manager or agency contact will have already agreed the correct version to install before installation instructions are sent out. Please confirm with them if you have any questions.
To check which version of InCopy/InDesign you have installed, please open InCopy/InDesign and click Help/About InCopy/InDesign... and look at the number below the InCopy/InDesign logo:
- v.17.(some numbers*) = 2022 - Recommended for this production season
- v.16.(some numbers*) = 2021 - Will be removed from Creative Cloud late October 2022
- v.15.(some numbers*) = 2020 - Can only be obtained by contacting Adobe Support
*some numbers = any number following the version number is an update to that version and is still the same version.
Adobe InCopy (Text editing)
We currently support InCopy 2020 (v15.some numbers), 2021 (v16.some numbers). and 2022 (v17.some numbers) For projects starting after 1 April 2022, we recommend using 2022.
Mac users must have version 16.3 or higher to use InCopy 2021.
Adobe InDesign (Layout)
We currently support InDesign 2020 (v15.some numbers), 2021 (v16.some numbers) and 2022 (v17.some numbers). For projects starting after 1 April 2022, we recommend using 2022.
Mac users must have version 16.3 or higher to use InDesign 2021.
You will need to install a recent version of either Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader or any other PDF reader to view PDFs. We do not recommend using a web browser.
All users working on the same project must have the correct fonts installed.
If fonts are not installed, you will see a 'Missing Fonts' dialogue box in InCopy/InDesign when you download the chapter for editing and your document will look different to how you expect it.
Fonts work like applications – they must be purchased, licensed and installed. It is up to each company to decide which fonts they will use in their documents.
CtrlPrint does not supply or deliver fonts to users. Please confirm which fonts are required with your project manager or agency contact.
We recommend OTF (OpenType) for easy compatibility between Mac and Windows.