As of September 8th, 2021 we now have native support for M1 Macs running InDesign/InCopy 2021 (v16). This means that M1 Mac users no longer need to run InDesign using Rosetta.
Please note the following:
- Support for InDesign/InCopy 2021 will only be for versions 16.3 or higher. (This includes both M1 Macs and Intel Macs.)
- If you are a Mac user using InDesign/InCopy 2021 version 16.2 or lower you will need to update to at least version 16.3 to use CtrlPrint.
- If you are running InDesign 2021 version 16.3 or higher using Rosetta on an M1 Mac you will need to disable it and run the application natively. More information can be found below.
How do I know which version I have?
- If you are unsure of which version you have navigate to the InDesign/InCopy menu in the top left of your screen (to the right of the Apple icon). Click on the menu and select "About InDesign.../About InCopy...". An information panel will appear and you will see the version near the top under the application menu.
How do I update InDesign/InCopy if it is older than 16.3?
- Under the "Help" menu in InDesign/InCopy there is an option called "Updates...". Clicking here will take you to the Creative Cloud app where you can update the application.
I'm running InDesign/InCopy using Rosetta on an M1 Mac - how do I disable it?
- Locate the "Adobe InDesign/InCopy 2021" folder found in your "Applications" folder. Open it and then right click on the application and choose "Get Info...". See image:
- Next uncheck the option to "Open using Rosetta", see image: