Two-step verification is an extra security feature that can be activated at the company level in CtrlPrint. (It is not activated for individual users.) Please contact our sales team if you would like to know more about this feature, its benefits and the cost.
With two-step verification, an extra layer of security is added to a user's CtrlPrint account by requiring access to their phone when logging in. (This process is similar to the log in process used by many banks and other services.)
What users will need to do:
Download and install an authentication app
Before they can configure two-step verification, users will first need to download and install an authentication app on their phone or tablet. There are also apps available on computers for the same purpose that can be used.
CtrlPrint can be used with most Time-Based, One-Time Password (TOTP) applications. We recommend (and have tested) the following free apps:
- Android — Google Authenticator
- iPhone — Google Authenticator
- Android/iPhone — Microsoft Authenticator
Once a user has installed an authentication app on their phone or tablet, they're ready for step 2.
Synchronize the authentication app with an account.
- Go to secure.ctrlprint.net and login.
- Scroll to the bottom of the two-factor authentication instructions and find the QR code.
- Launch the authentication app on your phone.
- Choose to add a new account - in Google Authenticator this is done by tapping the + icon.
- Click on "Scan Barcode" and scan the QR code using their phone's camera.
- A six digit verification code will be generated and displayed in the app:
- Type the verification code shown in the app and press enter.
Users will only scan the QR code this one time as part of the setup.
Subsequent logins will appear as below. Users will need to open the app and get a 6 digit code every time they login to CtrlPrint. The code is automatically regenerated every 30 seconds.