From experience of the previous reporting seasons, one of the biggest indicators of confusion and stress within an ESEF project is not taking the time to understand and plan the general process. The steps outlined below are our current understanding of the most effective procedure to help minimise problems before they become apparent.
- Activate the XBRL Tagger (This has to be done by an administrator)
- Set the correct settings. Some of the biggest issues that have arisen are from teams that have not paid attention to their settings. Settings are applied to new tags that are implemented in the report. Please stress that managing the project settings should be done before any tagging takes place.
- Prepare your documents for Tagging.
Recommended settings to avoid font issues.
Prepare Your Documents for Text block Tagging with CtrlPrint Frames
- Tag your statements (Table tagging)
Define tables with Automatically select table area or by defining a table manually and apply an abstract tag.
Apply your cell tags and create extensions with anchors where it is necessary.
Check the cell properties (dates, scale, decimals etc)
Add/check hierarchies (groups)
Apply member tags and line item tags to Changes in Equity
Validate your report
- Text block tagging of the notes
Textblock tagging with CtrlPrint Frames, and how to Textblock tag without CtrlPrint Frames
Use Layers for granularity and multitagging.
- Finalise your ESEF report
Validate your report
Check the Package settings (the bottom of the page)
Download your ESEF report
- The report can now be sent to ESEF advisors by exporting the report from the server. The file is downloaded as a zip file from the CtrlPrint server. The file that needs to be sent for validation is the zip file that resides within the folder called Submission that exist in the file that is downloaded. Depending on the jurisdiction that the report is being submitted in, different naming conventions can apply. This should be checked and known by the reporting company and should not rely on CtrlPrint for this.
- Once the advisors sign off on the report package, it can be submitted to whatever authority is relevant.
- The XHTML Preview file with the inline viewer can now be made available for download on the companies website if they wish. This is the best way for someone to view the report if they wish to.