Edit text (Text tool)
Use the text tool to select an area where you want to edit text.
1. Click on the text tool in the toolbar. Alternatively, use the keyboard shortcut T.
2. Can’t see the Tools toolbar?
• Click: Window->Tools from the InCopy top menu bar.
InCopy will alert you if text has overflowed the bottom of the text box (overmatter) by showing:
1. A red Copyfit warning at the bottom of the window.
2. A small faint red plus sign in the bottom right corner of the text box.
3. Can’t see the Copyfit toolbar?
• Press Shift+F6 on your keyboard.
• Click: Window->Copyfit Info from the InCopy top menu bar.
View and edit Overmatter
You can still edit any text that has overflowed the bottom of a text box:
1. Highlight the last few words in the text frame.
Click the Galley tab in the top left corner above the document.
Alternatively, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+G.
2. Any text that is not visible in Layout View will be indicated by
a red line to the left, and also with a line labeled Copyfit