What is the Eyedropper tool?
The Eyedropper tool allows you to click some text to copy its style and then apply that style to some text with a different style. It can be used instead of the Styles panel when formatting text. The key difference between the two methods is that you do not need to know the name of the text style you want to apply when using the Eyedropper tool – you just need to click the style you want to use.
Select text style
1. Click on the eyedropper tool in the toolbar. Alternatively, use the keyboard shortcut I.
2. Click on the text that has the style you want to copy. In the example images, right, we will copy the Heading 2 style and apply it to the Heading 1 text (in step 4).
3. The eyedropper tool icon will change to indicate it has copied the style.
Format text with eyedropper
4. Click on the text you want to apply the copied style to.
5. The eyedropper tool will keep the copied style. You can now click on any other text you want to apply the copied style to.
6. To reload the eyedropper tool with a different style, hold ALT and click on the text with the style you want to copy. Alternatively, select any other tool from the toolbar and then select the eyedropper tool again.