1. Locate the file you need to open. The file will always end with .indd (InDesign Document) and will contain the name of the chapter and version. Right-click on it and select "Open with" then "Choose another app".
2. Scroll to the bottom and click "Choose an app on your PC".
3. This will take you to the folder called "Program Files", on your C: drive. Now double click the folder called "Adobe".
4. Once you are in the "Adobe" folder you can choose the InCopy version folder that you want to open with.
5. Locate the InCopy application (.exe) and double click on it.
6. After you have double clicked on the "InCopy" application it will give you an option to choose the specific InCopy version under 'Suggested apps', you can click "Always". It will now open the .Indd (InDesign) file in InCopy instead.